Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Referrals and Downline

Thanks to all of you who have checked out CashCrate and signed up. It is a great site and I'm sure you're finding it as intriguing as I do. In the 3 days that I've been a member, as of September 3, 2008 I now have 7 "level 1 referrals" and 2 "level 2 referrals".

In marketing terms, this is known as a "downline". It is a term I picked up from a multi-level marketing organization that I am an (inactive) member of, but it is a term of great importance.

With CashCrate, you can make some good pocket change by filling out surveys in your spare time. If you were to work it full-time for an 8 hour day.... the payout would be approximately oh, less than 50 cents an hour! That is, assuming you stick with the beginner rule of only filling out the free (ie. no cost to you) surveys. If you are lucky enough to live in the United States, the number of surveys and offers available to you is HUGE, and there are people on the CashCrate forum who are making $20, $30 or even $100 or more per month.

Here in Canada, we're not as lucky. Same with other countries. However there are options. One of them is referrals.
Referrals
"I'd rather have 1% of 100 people's efforts than 100% of 1 person's efforts."
Referrals is a way to get a little bit of gain from a lot of people's work. Its the way in which we can help other people make money.

Depth versus Width
Since I have 7 "level 1 referrals", there are 7 people who decided that they wanted to make a little extra money. At that point my "organization" is 1 level deep, and 7 people wide.

Now I have 2 "level 2 referrals", which means that of those 7 in my top level, either someone helped 2 people learn to make more money or 2 people helped one other person to make more money.

Which is more important? Well neither. A healthy organization (or business you might say, if you want to take this seriously) needs to have both width AND depth. At the moment, the CashCrate system is slightly limited in that it only appears to have 2 levels... but I'll check into that more and see how that works. However in some multi-level systems you can go as deep as you want! It is recommended that you research a system that you are interested in and find out how deep it can go.

Now the "ADDED VALUE" part of the blog:

I appreciate that you have taken the time to read this blog, joined CashCrate and started working on a system that can help you make a little extra money. I can help point you in the right direction to build your own downline and together we can both make a little extra money, and help others do the same for themselves. I'm doing this because I would love it if my wife didn't have to work if she didn't want to, and I'd love the freedom to spend more time with her and my future family.

To that end, simply email me if you have any questions about CashCrate or are interested in any other ways to make money online. I am currently learning more about monetizing blogs, building websites and search engine optimization (SEO). I even have a Facebook group! So if you want to take this seriously or just want a little bit of help in the right direction, leave a comment or email me directly.

Sincerely,
Rick


No comments: